Tuesday, November 4, 2008

catching up

Well there is quite a bit to catch up on. I will do my best. I have been working nights on my writing. making a modest but respectable bit for a stay at home dad. I am happy with it. But this has kept me up late and I haven't been fulfilling my obligations as a blogger. Sorry about that.
Halloween was AWESOME! There will be pictures up on Garcia Family Productions this evening. I will also be posting a video diary of Sammy and I's first solo hike up at Pine Mountain (11:03:2008). This one will need some editing so it may be late this evening or tomorrow evening.
So Sammy was a frog, Alicia borrowed a witch dress and cape costume from our awesome neighbor, Dana, and I wore a black robe. The three of us, the two witches and their toad offspring headed down the road to crash the costume contest in the ritzy subdivision across the street. We carved pumpkins before we left and had a blast! Halloween is absolutely the coolest holiday.
So we only trick or treated two houses. It became quickly apparent that Sammy was a bit tired and not willing to tolerate being given something cool and having it taken away too many times. But he did Trick or Treat. His first ever trick or treat candy was a Three Musketeers candy bar.
Sammy has been perfecting the art of handing things to us when we ask him for them. It is a fun game of pass the toy back and forth. This only works with toys however. It does not work with finger nail clippers or anything else that he is not supposed to have.
His Memaw came by and visited today. Sammy was very excited about this. I was too, it was nice to just hang out with my mom and son.
Ahh what else. Oh yeah, Sammy stood unattended spontaneously and without prompting this evening for near 30 sec on several occasions. He discovered that he could manipulate objects better with both hands if he balanced a bit. He honestly looked a bit surprised but his own ability.
Oh yeah one last new development. Sammy has perfected the art of scarring the hell out of me. He has discovered that pretending to be choking gets my attention. And I am going to tell you, he is good at it! He holds his breath and his face turns all read and he makes noise as he strains his inhale. When I panic and straighten him up or pat his back, or begin to respond in any fashion he begins to laugh. I am gonna get the little booger one day for this one. So I have a panic attack about twice a meal now due to his excellent acting skills.
That's it for now.
Peace In Xaos

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure if this is the way to comment. Last time it went into cyber space, but since it was all good, somewhere in the universe my comments are flying.

    Sammy gets the bit about scaring you, from his father. You started early, as well and would laugh once you got my attention. I will never forget when you decided to splash ketchup all over you and send your sister to get me. I think you remember that one. He will get a lot better, you could have won an Oscar.
    With love always,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete