Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Doctors ALL DAY!


Today was relatively uneventful, unless you count spending all day a the doctors office eventful. I should not say that really. My grandmother had a doctors appointment today and I often take her to these appointments. The doctor's assistant did allow me to call in and find out what the wait was before going in. She saved us about two and a half hours of sitting in the waiting room. This would have been unbearable with my 89 year old grandmother and my 11 month old child. So my grandmother and I spent the morning here at the house. This was nice. She got to play with Sammy and we spent some quality time with one another.

We got to the doctors office at 12:00 noon and got home at around 3:00pm. This feels like all day. And this dominated my day. No worries though, Sammy was a champ the whole time. We did have one major milestone this afternoon. When we got to my grandmothers house, after the Dr.s apt. we decided to stay for awhile and have pizza. My wife was just getting done with school and called from the house for me to pick her up. So I got int eh car and drove off, without my child. I left him with my sister and her boyfriend for the few minutes it took to get to my house and back. I know I know! But this was the FIRST time I have EVER left Sammy with anyone other than my wife. He, as expected, did wonderfully. He didn't cry or fuss. He just kept being his awesome little self till we got back. HOORAY for attachment style parenting! :)



1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thought I'd try again to "Post a Comment" Sent Alicia a "photo-shopped" picture of Sammy with a "special background". Got a couple of more if Ya'll enjoy that one.

    Ben (aka "Old Grandad")

    ReplyDelete